posted by Weng Wah - 荣华 at 1:58 AM | top |
Wednesday, November 01, 2006



Wah, my favourite musician is very talented lah.....

Kenny G is No. 1 on Golf Digest's ranking of the `Top 100 in Music'

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Saxophonist Kenny G has more to brag about than his world-class horn-playing. He's now the best golfer among music-makers, according to Golf Digest's ranking of the "Top 100 in Music.''
The Grammy winner beats out country stars Vince Gill, Marty Roe and Steve Azar, and No Doubt drummer Adrian Young, who round out the top 5. The list also includes Bob Dylan (No. 63), Snoop Dogg (No. 44) and fellow sax player Branford Marsalis (No. 29).
The list will be published Tuesday on the magazine's Web site, as well as in its December issue, on newsstands Nov. 7. The ranking is based on handicaps, some official, some not-so-official. Kenny G's handicap is a plus-0.6, meaning his average score is better than par. And he tells the magazine he still needs improvement.
"With the sax, I learned technique well enough so that it feels like part of my body and I just express myself,'' he said. "That's where I want to get in golf.''
Gill, a scratch golfer (0 handicap), said, "musicians and golfers understand each other.''
"We know what it takes to have to perform,'' he said. "We know there is a lot of alone time.''
Rocker Alice Cooper, who ranked 11th on the list with a 5.3 handicap, said playing golf helped him kick his drug habit.
"Golf is the crack of sports,'' he told the magazine. "Once I took it seriously, I loved it. It absolutely saved my life.''
Other stars on the Golf Digest rankings include Justin Timberlake (No. 15), Englebert Humperdinck (23), Celine Dion (62), Nick Lachey (95) and Pink (100). - AP

Labels: